View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 15:50

Plan: Atkins, Newcastle
Stats: 260/221.8/165 Female 5'3"
BF:Highest weight 260
Progress: 40%

There is an exercise book for low-carbers out now. It's called the Slow Burn Fitness Revolution by Fredrick Hahn, co-authored by Michael and Mary Dan Eades, the folks who wrote the Protein Power books. It is almost all exercise, but there is a diet guide included which is, of course, low carb, in line with the Eades other books.

I've love to read the opinions of some of the fitness and exercise gurus around here about this book. The book gives some logical sounding explanations as to why weight work is far superior to aerobics, and why the slow burn method is superior to most other weight lifting routines. It sounds good to me.

I was particularly interested in the Eades claim that most of the conditioning effect of aerobic exercise is not due to changes in the heart and lungs, which they say are minimal, but due to the increase in muscle fitness. This being so, it makes more sense to work on the muscles to increase overall fitness, rather than running up and down the roads collecting aches, pains, and injuries.