View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Oct-16-17, 06:43

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

It seems that so often a focus on macros takes precedence over a more general concern with the overall nutrient quality of a diet. Paying attention to how many carbs we eat and where they come from (real unprocessed food) is definitely important but once you get that sorted out the focus some people have on precisely how much protein or precisely how much fat in grams or percentage of diet often begins to sound like arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Keep it simple is always great advice.

As an aside I think that there is sometimes also an excessive focus on weight as if it is synonymous with health and people setting extremely low "goal weights" as if that is somehow "ideal" and then obsessing about every .1 pounds gained or lost.
Keep it simple, keep it smart, eat real food, worry, if you must worry, about health and not minutia.

I am very glad I used Marty's nutrient optimizer. I have tweaked my diet a bit, stopped worrying about protein which I have in fact increased, and decided to stop worrying about weight also since my weight seems to have stabilized at a perfectly acceptable level. Could I be thinner? yes. But why if I am perfectly healthy at the weight I am now?

An aside to my aside. I have just edited my profile to reflect my now stabilized weight rather than the thinnest I reached.

Jean