View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-17-09, 09:20

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Personally, I would trust the results. I think though that you would be safe eating meat AND, believe it or not, your HDL levels should rise if you begin adding saturated fat to your diet. I would start with coconut oil. Here is some info on it.
http://coconutresearchcenter.org Also begin supplementing with vitamin D3. Actually, just a few years ago your cholesterol total was considered a little on the low side of normal.

Doing the math your first ratios were
Your total cholesterol divided by HDL was 4.4---ideally you want that to be under 4. still not something to panic about.
Your LDL divided by HDL was 3.14---ideally you want that to be under 3. Still not a panic situation.

Your new ratios however are 4.1 and 2.7 . These ratios have improved reasonably if I did my math right. And on page 47 and 48 of the book Protein Power there was a test study done on a group of people that had very similar results as your own. I highly recommend this book by Drs. Michael and Mary Dan Eades for more info.

You might want to re check this by dividing the total cholesterol with your HDL which should be under 4.
Then divide your LDL with your HDL which should be under 3.

If you want to get the test again, wait at least 8 weeks then go for it.