View Single Post
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Jan-04-10, 12:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/275/200 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

Ive been doing Atkins/Low carb Living now for almost 5 months. Ive lost 40lbs so far and I'm eating well. People are noticeing the weight loss and commenting. Now still have 75 more pounds to go, and it will probably take me a year to get there, but this has been said before, this isn't a diet... its a lifestyle change, and I'm ok with it. Yeah I had some of my mom's delicious christmas cookies, but I didn't stuff myself on them. I might have gained a little weight from it but today I was down to 275 and am thrilled its almost time to buy smaller pants again YAY! My mom bought me 2 XL shirts for xmas... a little too small for this year, but next year they will be fine.

Doing this slowly I'm learning what i can eat and what works for me. Ive given up caffiene, probably had 4 cups of coffee in the last 3 months used to be a cup a day. Water is your friend and I drink alot of it. Splenda rocks and they do put it in some of those powdered drink mixes (4C brand has it) so i have an alternative to water or my decaf tea. I wish when I tried this Low carb lifestyle 17 years ago I was mature enough to have accepted it and stayed with it... oh well now is always a good time to start something!

Also don't let anyone put you down... People can be annoying, let them say what they want and ignore them... your the one who is going to lose weight and look and feel better.