View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-08, 17:53

Plan: CKD
Stats: 225/180/175 Female 179cm
BF:
Progress:

You'll have no problems, honestly.

Best bet for breakfast for low carbers is the "Full Irish". This is a huge plate full of fried or scrambled egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, beans, black and white pudding, served with toast and tea or coffee. Just eat the egg, bacon and mushrooms and leave the rest. I've fed a full family on one breakfast.

Lots of lunches are based round sandwiches, but most pubs still do old-fashioned carvery lunch, where you can choose between roast beef, ham, chicken or sometimes things like lamb stew, served with some rather overcooked veg and potatoes. Just leave the spuds, or better still, ask for extra veg or salad instead.

Eating out at dinner, go for the meat, fish or chicken option and ask for green veg or salad instead of whatever fries (we call them chips), rice or pasta is on offer. You can usually get a cheeseplate instead of dessert.

If you are planning to spend much time in Dublin, I can recommend specific restaurants if you like.

Shops generally don't carry much in the way of low carb food (apart from meat and veg etc). Boots the Chemist does a range of diabetic sweets which is the closest we generally come to low carb candy. The Holland & Barrett health food shops stock GG Scandanavian crispbread which are very low carb. In Dublin, there are a few places where you can buy Lindt 99% chocolate. I'd suggest you stock up on that, it's great for low carb chocolate addicts. There are also a couple of places where you can buy biltong.