View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-16, 19:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Robin's right, riolis. It's not your appearance that will give you confidence, really.

But. If you have been heavy most of your life, and you have, per your profile, lost over 70 lbs, let THAT give you some confidence. Because you are a rare person. So few people who need, for their own health, to lose significant amounts of weight can do so.

Try the Wonder Woman post. I know, I know. You're a guy. Do it anyway, OK?

I've been married. I've been single. And the time in my life that was the most soul-crushingly awful was the final two years of my first marriage. I didn't have enough confidence, when I met my first husband, to understand that he would try to suck my soul out.

As Nancy, and GR, and others have already said, there are so much worse things than being alone. Being in a marriage with a person who cares only for him/herself is one of them.

Be proud of what you've accomplished already. I really hope that your burned hand is better. And be proud, too, that you had the courage to reach out when you were down. So many people would not do that. They'd suffer in silence, believing that the pain was their due.