#10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-28-16, 08:19

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
As far as marriage goes, let me impart this bit of wisdom, having never gotten married. It is in large part a fantasy built up in your head that the reality of it is never going to match. So build on your own life, make it solidly good and happy, then if someone comes along you'll be in a place to judge whether or not they will ultimately add to it, or detract from it. If they don't, then you've still got this awesome life you've created for yourself.
Nancy, honestly, I'm not following you around on this site but I often agree with your posts. I've been single most of my life but I've also had many married friends who honestly share with me. And I'm very close to both my sister and her husband who've shared their trials with me. I've come to believe whether you're single or married, we have to live with ourselves and that there are plusses and challenges to each state. Some married folks like to pretend this, that or the other thing, but never compare your inner life with someone's outward appearance because it can be very deceiving. Life is a challenge for most of us, single or married. I'm a firm supporter of marriage and wish happiness for all my married friends. But it is very liberating to free myself of any delusions about their lives being any easier or happier, because they're not. Having said that, I don't blame you for wanting closeness and connection with others. We all need that and we can find it in so many ways, not just marriage. That's just the world according to me