#1   ^
Old Thu, May-12-11, 07:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/168/133
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default 9 years later...I'm back!

I was just browsing the 'Is there anyone else in Ireland?' thread when I found a post from me from 2002! The Irish section of these forums seems to have slowed down in recent years - anyone else out there and still low carbing? 2002-5 I lost 5 stone and maintained the loss for a few years, but I got complacent, it crept back on, and now I have quite a bit to lose again - but the good news is that I've been back on Atkins since March, and it's coming off - this time for life!

Atkins products seem to have vanished from Irish shelves, but that's not a bad thing, in my opinion - better to eat things which are ingredients rather than things with ingredients. I'm living on bacon, eggs, mayo, chicken, beef, lamb, pork, fish, cheese, lettuce, cucumber, peppers, mushrooms, a few tomatoes and spring onions, mostly - with some cream and sour cream from time to time. Also black coffee - but my downfall right now is red wine - can't seem to sop having a glass or 2 (or even 3!) of an evening. We home-brewed 23 litres of the stuff, so it's just sitting there looking at me - and water is NO replacement, believe me. Oh well, only a couple of bottles to go, and then I'll be on the dry for a while until we make the next lot.

So - anyone else still low-carbing in Ireland? Say hi!

Jo
Sponsored Links