View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-30-06, 03:46

Plan: CKD
Stats: 225/180/175 Female 179cm
BF:
Progress:

Hope you are feeling better soon. Keep your fats high, so that you have something to burn for energy. You could make a guacamole with avocado, cream, and salsa or tabasco, and spread that on the flaxbread or crispbread as a quick breakfast. Or you can make a sort of porridge from flaxmeal and peanut butter.

I've been doing this for a long time, so I've got pretty used to eating low-carb when I go out. Steak or fish or chicken and green veg or salad is my mainstay. There's a Chinese restaurant in Moore Street, beside Lidl, which has all sorts of weird things, like "deep fried guts" and "braised pig's ears". But I've found they have lots of Atkins-friendly food.

I always have mixed feelings about the low-carb foods. It's nice to feel there's a bit of support, but most of them are such junk you wouldn't eat them anyway.

If it's any help, here's what I'd eat in a normal day:
Breakfast: eggs, usually omlette or scrambled eggs, occasionally rashers and mushrooms.
Snack: flaxbread or crispbread and cheese OR
Postworkout shake (after gym) of whey protein and glucose.
Lunch: fish and veg or salad.
Snack: nuts or seeds or coconut (something that I can nibble while cooking)
Dinner: meat or chicken, lots of vegetables (I often cook something like a Bolenegse sauce and serve with pasta or rice for the children, cauliflower etc for the adults)
Supper: stewed rhubarb and nuts, sugarfree jelly and cream, cottage cheese.

Snacks I like include soup made from celery or fennel or any leftover veg or stalks, a soy milk and berry smoothie, frozen raspberries and cream mashed together to make a sort of ice-cream, celery and pate or blue cheese, broccoli dipped in cream cheese, pepperami, home-made coleslaw.

And now I'd better stop talking about it, and actually go to the gym and do a bit of work!