#15   ^
Old Thu, May-10-12, 20:44

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayekaye12
I have a couple of her books and my sister has lost weight on it at least 50 pounds. But she says it's too complicated to even explain. She said it had a lot to do with hormones and menopause and using the right meds. I'm totally confused by the book. I have been LC atkins since last fall and would like to understand it. But, just can't. I think Atkins is verrryy confusing too.

The best book is the first one, Eat Great, Lose Weight. It explains fairly simply the 7 basic steps. I'd just go re-read that page when I got confused on timing. I don't know about her new version, I have the book but am getting results from the old one.
Basically, eat fruit alone. There is timing involved depending on what you are eating next. (Proteins/fats or carbs/nonfats).
You don't mix up proteins with carbs.
Proteins/fats go together - allowed is heavy cream, full fat dairy, fats.
Carbos are whole grains, low starch veggies (no potatoes, white flour, refined sugar or processed foods. Nonfat dairy like fat free milk and yogurt are ok, and fat free cheeses with carbos.
Veggies go with everything! except things like winter squash, potatoes, high starch stuff.
You cut out refined carbs, things like nuts, bananas, avocados, olives, - she says they don't combine well and have both protein and carbs. Also on the losing level you cut out alcohol.
It really isn't hard, but you have to watch timing.
I really like it - but not everybody wants to mess with the rules.
For what it's worth.
Kat