View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-18, 16:42

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Please tell me you have heard all this before.
Yes, we have. But that isn't very helpful for YOU, is it? I'm sorry you are feeling discouraged. Each and every one of us wants a reward for our sincere efforts, and your feelings are completely understandable.

Quote:
I think this way of eating is probably better for me.
This is the mindset you can focus on. I don't know what you were eating "before," but low-carb eating is healthy for the long run, no matter what you weigh. Many good things happen in your body that aren't measured by a scale.

If you haven't already consulted the excellent website Diet Doctor take a look. It's free. It's encouraging. It's fun to read.

One more suggestion: many of us have spent years of our lives measuring quantities of food: by the cupful, the "deck of cards," the grams on a food scale, and most of all, the calories. Now you get to stop doing that. Even the advice, "Eat when hungry, and only when hungry" pretty much fails when you aren't actually hungry EVER because of low-carb effects. Don't try to speed things up by eating less food, by whatever measure you're accustomed to. Eat what you like. Eat pleasantly. That creates a sustainable plan for the long term.

So, determine a pattern of eating that suits you. Breakfast. Or not. Lunch. Or not. Snacks. Or not. etc. Just be sure that everything you eat fits into the low-carb plan you have chosen. Then stop worrying. Your body will figure it out eventually. But you might not see it on the scales for a while because, well, that's not really the bottom line.

Best wishes.