View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jun-27-09, 08:25

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Coconut oil raises HDL. As long as the ratios are good, I don't worry about my cholesterol. Actually my numbers were lower, if I recall correctly. As long as the ratios are good, there is no need to worry. I am sure that my HDL is higher this time than it was before but I will check it to give you a difinite answer. But did you get a chance to read this http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org MCT oil is medium chain triglycerides which is made from coconut oil.

I want extra fats and nutrient dense foods in my diet. I want to keep my diet ketogenic. Ketones is a natural by-product that maintains healthy bone and muscle tissues. It also maintains healthy organ tissues. I prefer ketones as opposed to glucose to give me my energy for the day. So not only do I use those as my fat sources, I also use butter and cream. Using them for energy aslo reduces the likelyhood of them being stored in my body. I want to put fat to good use. I have been living a low carb lifestyle for nearly 7 years. My only regret is not doing this years ago.

I also try to keep coconut products as a regular part of my diet. I have some tasty muffins that I will be eating for breakfast that are made from coconut flour. I will also have and egg with home fries that I made from celery root and onions fried in coconut oil. Then I will take my fat soluble vitamins one of them is vitamin D which is processed through cholesterol. I think it is more important to worry about your vitamin D levels. I also believe that healthy vitamin D levels will raise your cholesterol...another reason I don't worry about my cholesterol. It's s'posed to be there.