View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-18-16, 08:19

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default Oh, I so love it when the workout is DONE!

Done. Check. On with the rest of the day. Know the feeling?

I've been a regular exerciser for decades. Used to be a runner, now I'm a walker. I have a workout space at home, equipped for weight training (as heavy as healthy for home alone workouts). I've done yoga off and on--currently back on. I've done step aerobics, mini-tramp, spinning, ballet.

But not a day goes by that I don't hear my inner little girl whining, "Mom! Do I HAVE TO???" That would be in reference to practicing the piano, washing the dishes, cleaning my room, homework or any other vaguely burdensome requirement.

Now, at age 70, I've been my own "mom" for a long, long time. "She" still gives me the look that means, "Why are you even asking. Just do it." Usually this works.

So if you think someday this exercise thing is going to be as natural as breathing, dream on. As most exercise gurus will tell you, getting started is the hardest part. And for me, it never, never seems to get easier.

But when it's over and done? I feel like a million bucks. Exercise isn't the answer to weight management. That would be diet. But at 70, I can tell you that exercise may be the answer to reaching 80 or 90 or 100 and still being able to take care of myself. So shut up, kid, and get your butt down to the workout mat.

Oh, sorry. I didn't mean YOU. I meant me.

Have a great day.
Sponsored Links