#5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-16, 08:11

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEBERZ
Really? What ingredients in it are types of sugar? Just want to know what to look out for in the future. Will they really slow the process down? I've lost around 60lbs, and have stayed in ketosis, do foods like these really slow everything down significantly?

Corn Syrup, Dextrose, Fructose, Molasses Powder (Refinery Syrup), Cane Molasses to name the worst offenders. Also, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (Corn, Soy, Wheat) is garbage. Yeah, they say less than 2%, but that means each individual ingredient. When you combine them, it's likely the whole stick! I wouldn't touch this stuff. My opinion.

There are dried jerky and dried meat products available that are somewhat healthy. There was a thread on this forum addressing it. Maybe someone who consumes it will chime in. Also, there's a thread that addresses the "names" representing sugars in ingredient lists. Manufacturers like to be vague for good reason. Use the "advanced search" here to help find this information. The simple search function on this board is useless. Good luck!