View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-07, 17:04

Plan: Vegetarian Low GI
Stats: 188/179.8/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default How do you deal with the inner critic?

Hi all,
I'm posting this on the vegetarian thread because I've been having a lot of issues lately with trying to go back to lowcarbing since becoming a vegetarian.

The first time I did lowcarbing, I ate meat and did well on it, liked it, lost 30 pounds. However, I didn't have a good plan of action for maintenance and tried to do low GI type thing but that wasn't really helping me. I became a vegetarian, which I loved, and have also tried to be a vegan. I've been reading a lot of books on veganism and while I'm not a huge animal activist, I would like someday to be able to stick with a vegan diet because I do believe it's a very healthy way of eating.

However, I still love lowcarbing and now I'm trying to lose 15 pounds that I gained within the past year and a half. When I was doing lowcarbing as a meat-eater I whole-heartedly believed in it and felt the benefits. However, since reading so much material on veganism, I'm finding it hard to stick with a lowcarb diet. Every time I try to start a vegetarian lowcarb diet, I get this uneasy feeling, like I'm doing my body a lot of harm, even though physically I feel good. I think I've been influenced by the totally negative attitude that most vegans take on lowcarbing because they're seeing it as the Atkins eat-all-the-bacon-you-want-cut-out-ALL-carbs thing, which anyone who has done lowcarbing knows is way wrong.

I don't think it's an issue of "look how many cows I'm killing when I eat this cheese stick" as I've mentioned I haven't been interested in veganism for animal activist reasons. It's just something I can't quite put my finger on.

I know this all sounds very vague and maybe there's no solution other than to quiet the critics in my mind and just go with what I know works.

Tam
Sponsored Links