View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Apr-18-09, 06:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%

I didn't realize that it had been so long since I have posted here. I have had many small successs and some setbacks but this morning I am feeling the success again. I am a victim of carb creep. I gained back quite a bit of the weight I had lost a few years ago and I vow to get back there as quickly as possible. I didn't notice because my pants all still fit. These were my favorite pants so I thought all was good. When my fave jeans bit the dust I dug deeper in my dresser and pulled out some jeans I had worn "back then" and couldn't even get them over my hips. They were a size 12. I had to sit down and almost cried. I thought to myself, how could I have just tossed out a pair of size 10 jeans that fit but can't fit my ass into a size 12? So I compared. My size 10's were stretch jeans and the size 12's were "real" jeans with no stretch. So I sucked it up, went to my local thrift store and bought some size 14 pants and started Atkins again. (half speed) The weight just wasnt' coming off. I had a reality check when I saw a pic of myself from 5 years ago. I started Atkins again (or adjusted if you will) back to REAL induction levels. I upped my fat, measured my carbs, started drinking more water, stopped drinking soda altogether. I got up to go to work yesterday and just felt that smaller feeling. I thought what the heck..this will either make my day or spoil it. I grabbed my size 12's out of the drawer. I pulled them on, buttoned them without a struggle!! THEY FIT. I am so excited. People who say you only get one shot at this lifestyle were wrong in my case (thank goodness) I am back to the right frame of mind and will be thin before mid-summer. I AM READY TO LIVE AGAIN.