#321   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-12, 14:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 447/190/230 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 118%

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajack
When I was in my early/mid 60's I weighted in excess of 400 lbs. I've now been on maintenance for a year or more.

How am I doing now? As I close in on 70 years old, I am doing better than I was doing when I was an obese 30, or 40, or 50 year old. One example..............back then I loved playing golf! I had to give it up when I was in my late 40's because I was too obese to play. If I were to play a round, I'd come home, be wiped out, and be so sore I could hardly get out of bed the next morning.

I now play golf almost every day we're not traveling, and on many days when we are out of town. I can play 18 holes, come home and mow half of my yard with a walk behind mower, and not have a single twitch of soreness.

The reason I only mow half my yard at a time is because of my knees. About a year ago my orthopedic surgeon gave me the bad news that I have knee replacement surgery in my future. The first time I ever saw him, he broke that news to me. He then told me he wanted to go over some things he always did with his new patients. He told me the first thing he told almost all his patients that were close to my age bracket was the best thing they could do for their knees was to lose weight. He then told me................are you ready for this...............here it comes............. "THAT WOULDN'T APPLY TO YOU!"

I think what that doctor said pretty well sums up how I'm now doing!

WINNING!!!!!!