#47   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 09:37

Plan: Less than 30 grams a day
Stats: 259/241/155 Female 69 inches
BF:Yes
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas1492
Hey Patina !! where have you been??? 11 days since your last post!! Hope your doing well..we miss you!

I'm still here and doing well! I've been keeping busy with work and my head still buried in books, the latest has been the Berstein book that was suggested to me on this forum.

I was thinking the other day about how ignorant I've been over the years about the Diabetes T2 I have and even more ignorant about how best to manage it. The more I learn the more I am convinced I will be able to reverse it and eventually get off all these meds.

I just started the R-ALA & Evening Primrose oil regimen suggested by Dr. Bernstein to see if I see any benefit from that.

But for sure, at the basis of everything is to stay low carb and get my weight down.

I'm just over 3 weeks into LC'ing and it's going well. My family is following my lead and my son has lost 12 pounds, my daughter has lost 8 and my husband has lost 3 (he's still not ready to give up milk and toast!). I sort of gave everyone a choice of either coming along for the ride with me or not but I was going to be cooking low carb for myself and if they wanted to continue to eat carbs they'd be on their own in the meals department because I was not going to cook two different types of meals. (My two children still at home are 20 and 22 so they are completely capable of feeding themselves)

Thanks for checking on me Thomas! Hope all is well with you too!