View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-05-12, 21:45

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Boiled eggs - these can be mashed into egg salad or quickly made into deviled eggs or just eaten whole with...

Bacon - on your day off bake whole packages in the oven and then you can refrigerate

Recipes - find a couple that you REALLY like and make enough to last you a couple of days. If you find ones that can be frozen you can freeze in portions and pretty soon you will have a nice variety stocked up so you don't get bored.

Egg casseroles - find a couple you like and cook in 8x8 pans. This is a quick, easy breakfast that will last all week

Lunch meat - I try to limit the amount of lunch meat I eat, but it is a quick, convenient protein source. Roll up with cheese, dip in mayo or mustard. I have these with salt and peppered sliced tomatoes, black olives, pickles, pickled okra, etc. (any veggie you can have prepped and ready to eat)

Tuna - on your day off make enough tuna salad for a couple of days. Serve with sliced tomatoes, lettuce, celery, etc.

Roasted chickens - if you've got more money than time (or even if you don't) buy an already roasted chicken from Sam's/Costco/local grocery store. If it's just you this will last for several meals. Just add in that salad you said you would make or some other quick to cook veggie (you can also pick the chicken off the bone and freeze in portions to warm up later or dump in a salad)

Pork Loin - purchase one of these and on your day off bake it. It can be sliced into meal portion slices to last up to a week depending on the size. Again, just add a nice side dish veggie/salad (this can also be frozen in meal portion sizes)

Hamburgers - again....fry up several hamburger patties on your day off and freeze. take out as needed and warm with whatever toppings you want (sauteed onions, shrooms, peppers, jalapenos, etc.)

Taco meat - make a big batch on your day off and freeze in meal portions. Add to salads with taco ingredients...you can do the same with a chili or soup/stew recipe

These are all quick and easy and if you do a couple a week and make extra and freeze, over time you will have a nice variety of food. Once you find the recipes/foods you love and won't get bored with it will become easy and painless. Just rinse and repeat.

I know you're going to get lots of other GREAT recommendations and I am looking forward to that. I've been looking to shake up our meals, but also make it MUCH quicker and easier.