#21   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-18, 18:34

Plan: LCHF (<50g), IF
Stats: 184/167.2/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Heather, have you noticed any diffferences with the new formulas mentioned in post #13? Maybe they taste better too I wont use them because of the soy, but may have other friends who will try them now. Thanks for your thoughts.

Janet, I'm not sure how to know if the ones I have right now are the new formula or not. I like the blueberry Greek yogurt bars, but the chocolate chip granola bars...bleh! I will never buy them again.

I have concerns about soy myself, particularly because the men in my husband's family have a history of prostate cancer, and I also have a little boy. I know that soy products can be particularly detrimental for their health because of the high levels of phytoestrogens. I've heard this about flax though also, and golden flax is common in a lot of the low carb recipes I see (particularly the Wheat Belly ones). I consider Atkins bars to be a temporary crutch until I get completely back on the low carb WOE. For some reason, it's been much harder the second time around.