#61   ^
Old Fri, Jun-12-09, 13:36
Registered Member

Plan: Uhhh ... South Beach?
Stats: 152/152/135 Female 5ft. 7in.
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey All!

May and June have proven to me that there is no substitute for good old fashioned UVB rays! 3 weeks ago I got fed up with trying to force my body to accept the D3 supplements. I even discovered that the small amount of vitamin D in my multivitamin was causing the usual brain fog and water retention and jitters, so I have stopped taking that specific multi vitamin and all of my vitamin D supplements. I have tried EVERYTHING to try to get my body used to any level of vitamin D supplementation, but without long term success. So, for the last few weeks I have been keeping track of the UV index and sunbathing at the appropriate times. What a miracle! I haven't felt this great for years! The brain fog is almost 100% cleared up, the water retention has really decreased and my hormones are feeling more balanced than they have in years! I was able to quit my progesterone cream (it was just making me gain weight anyway) and I even found the strength to kick my diet coke habit! I haven't had any aspartame in 3 weeks, I no longer have hypoglycemic symptoms and I don't even crave diet coke! When I first stopped the supplementation, my knees and elbows were killing me! But, as my level started to rise, the pain is really starting to disappear (even after a 3 day tennis clinic). I am so excited for the rest of the summer. I can't wait to be feeling 100% and make up for all the lost time from the past 3 years.

The only cloud in my bright sunny sky of natural vitamin D love is that winter is coming. I have been talking to my husband about purchasing a vitamin D lamp from Sperti, but I can't find a single person on the web that has used one or reviewed the product. I was hoping someone here might have some good advice or a positive experience with using a UVB/Vitamin D lamp during the winter.

Thanks! Talk to ya soon!
Sponsored Links