#6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 00:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/My Own
Stats: 97/83/68
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Yeeha!

Another important moment - I've finally got inside of 20kg to goal. Today the scales tell me I'm 19kg away from my goal of 68kg. Yippee! When I'm finally there I might set another 5kg goal to get down to 63, but the point is that 68kg means that I'm inside the healthy weight range for my height.

Thanks everyone for your support and comments re my decision to have a 'boob job' (in reverse) ... I'm single at the moment - I can imagine in the future having to explain the scars to a partner/husband, but also having to clarify that I had a REVERSE boob job - hehehehehe, cracks me up.

Gals, if were possible I'd offload some of my excess 'baggage' to you!

Can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this. I've made an appointment with a recommended surgeon for 26 February - no doubt he'll do a whole lot poking and prodding. Blushing just thinking about it. I've tentatively set early May as the best time to have it done. Gives me some time to lose another 9kg (I'll get it done while about 10kg away from goal weight), and it works out best with my work to do it at that time - as I'll need about 3 weeks off (but I can take it as sick leave - yay!).

Cost - this will cost about $2500 of my own money. The procedure itself will cost $3000, of which Medicare will kick in $800, and HBF about $270. HBF will also cover the hospital room and theatre costs but I think I'll be up for the anaesthetic. The other option is to go to a public hospital where it would cost nothing, but I wouldn't be able to choose my doctor - AND I've have to wait 5 to 7 years!! All in all, I think it's worth spending the money - it's not a whole lot in the long run and will be soooo worth it when I can wear NORMAL bathers and NORMAL bras and not have my boobs entering a room a couple of seconds before I do!!

Well, I've rambled on enough now - I'll go and do my washing!

Thanks again everyone!

Rebecca