Old Mon, Mar-10-14, 03:24
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo

Just wanted to say Hello and hope to start a state-wide support group for those in New Mexico. Here's my story:

I have been doing Atkins '72 off and on my entire adult life. I've lost approx. 300 lbs over the years (gained it all back). I had great success the first time I tried Atkins Diet Revolution back in '78. I have been fat my entire life -- starting in jr.hs and continuing to hs (all time high at that time of probably 225-230).

Can you say "yo-yoing?" I've yo-yoed so much that I'm amazed I haven't hung myself with the string. The most I've ever weighed was 293 (1997) and the least was 155 (2007).

I decided on 5 July 2013 (My Independence Day from being fat, miserable & unhappy) that I would do it again with conviction. I didn’t (and still don’t) have high blood pressure, diabetes, or high cholesterol or any medical condition -- lucky, I know.

I usually have no problems losing the weight, it's the maintaining part that gets me every time. But this time is going to be different. I've donated all my "fat clothes" -- usually I keep everything boxed up for "next time". How insane is that?? At 133 this is the lowest I have ever weighed since probably jr high.

I am a little OCD so I weigh and measure everything I eat. I have never been able to get past eating more than 10 carbs a day without my addiction to carbs kicking in. It dawned on me (okay I’m a slow learner) a couple of months ago that I will never be able to eat carbs like other people. That I am truly allergic to them and so ultra-low carbs will be my WOE if I want to keep being healthier, happier and thinner.

I started out this time eating 700-800 kcals daily and 6 carbs. I did this until January 1. I added 50 kcals a week. I am now up to 1200 and still want to lose 5 more pounds. I have not increased my carbs -YET. (That’s a little scarier!) I exercise at least 2 hours a day (I’ve rigged a contraption to my stationary bike where I have my keyboard mounted on it and I peddle as I work at the computer. I don’t have a computer chair so I peddle. Okay, I’m not sweating bullets but I am leisurely peddling at least 2 hours daily during the week and 3 to 4 hours on the weekends. I also weight train every other day for 15 mins.)

TMI? Well, there you have it, my story in a nutshell.

Hello NM??