View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-16, 10:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/195/187 Male 180 cm
BF:
Progress: 65%

Thanks for the responses.. Teaser and MickiSue. It's all very interesting.

I've known for some time now that bodybuilders, in order to maintain a post workout insulin spike, should have protein and carb together rather than just carb. The insulogenic affect of the protein is no doubt a contributor here.

As for your question MickiSue
Quote:
It could be the chemicals in the meats that you eat. Do you know the sources of your meat? Have you tried buying and eating from local organic producers, and avoiding all meats that are processed in any way? Do cheeses, butter, eggs produce the same symptoms?

Eggs almost certainly cause this problem . I have been having two or three eggs in the morning for years and my running has always been hard. Massive improvement since I stopped eating them.

Cheese definitely affects me. It's strange, but if I have cheese in my evening meal then I wake up so groggy and flat that I can barely open my eyes.. Butter, not such a problem for some reason.

I don't know where the meat comes from but I should make note of it. I would think that allot of people around me are suffering from the same thing if it was where I'm getting my meat from but really,, I've had these symptoms my whole life and that's the main point here. The difference to my ability to concentrate and the energy I have in my legs when I run is quiet remarkable now. Hard to believe it's taken me this long to discover it.

I'll update you if I learn anything else and thanks for the help.