#19   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 07:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamabeek
Finally tried the celery root the other day and found it too sweet for my tastes. The Cauliflower was more savory and so more like mased potatoes to my mind. I am thinking of chopping it up and cooking it to softness to use in mock potato salad though. Anyone tried this, and if so with which veggies and how was it?

Howdy,

I tried the mock tater salad with Rytabagas and cauliflower so far...you really have to like rutabagas to make that sucker work...very strong taste, especially with any leftovers the second day...ug...

Then did it with cauliflower. Liked that much better, but tweaked the recipie. We eat a lot of cauliflower here so this part is easy, I use moslty the stems for potato salad, cubed like taters. Using the florets changes the in the mouth texture/feel of the salad.

Also, when cooking the cauliflower, I use a lot of black pepper and garlic as well as lemon juice (about 1/4 lemon) squeezed right into the pot. Then drain very well and let cool.

As for veggies, some finely chopped vidalia onion, some shredded carrots chopped up too, a we bit of pickle relish and some real bacon bits. Of course there are the chopped eggs and the pepper and paprika to taste...