View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-08, 13:46
Dazed and Confused

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/132/135 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 109%

My 2 hours are great - in the 90-100 range. I can get my 1 hours down in the 90s with 2 hours in the 70s and take 1 DET to correct. That is not really a bad thing. It would be nice to be able to tweak it more finely between H and R as a bolus.

I thought 1 hour readings interesting because they are not stressed by doctors to check and they are going to be your highest readings. I bet a lot of diabetics would be unhappily surprised to see their 1 hour readings.

I don't pump, V, because I dive, and swim. Most waterproof things are not waterproof at 3 atms of pressure and 120 feet. It would also create an awkward situation with the Divemasters to have to explain a pump, particularly when some don't speak English well.

I don't think my doc would prescribe Symlin because I have had delayed gastric emptying in the past and that is pretty much cleared up. He thinks my numbers are on the low side as it is. I think popping 1 DET is a lot easier than taking another med.

I have to wonder about IF and 1 hour BG readings? It seems to me there would be a very large spike. How much time above the 120 curve is too much?

I'm not sure I trust the the type 2 studies either because a lot of the subjects are older and in poor physical shape.