Thread: Atkins Products
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-14, 08:31

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I used to eat a lot of Atkins bars in the early 2000s.

But now I avoid most Atkins bars because of the soy. I called Atkins and they say they use Genetically Modified Soy, which is something I will not eat.

Atkins said that GMO soy is considered safe by the FDA, and I countered with the FDA said Vioxx is safe and it killed more Americans in 5 years than the entire Viet Nam war. She said in a low voice "I know."

The Genetically Modified Soy is full of Round-up, which can't be completely eliminated from the crop, and the Round-up has been proven to cause over 20 diseases, including breast cancer, prostate cancer, alzheimer's and parkinson's.

I avoid all soy, corn, cottonseed, canola, yellow squash, zucchini, and sugar (from beets) unless it is either organic or imported from the over 60 countries that banned GMO crops because of health concerns. (Of course I avoid almost all sugar, beet or cane.)

Canada, Australia, Russia and all the states of the European Union ban GMO crops (along with a number of other countries) so the soy, corn, cottonseed, canola, and others are safe from there.

I don't want to be in the hospital with something terminal thinking, "If only I hadn't eaten those GMO foods."

For emergency food I found Quest bars. High protein, very low carbohydrates, and no soy (whey protein).

It's just about the only processed food I buy, and as I said, it's emergency food so I don't eat a lot of them.

Bob