View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 09:50

Plan: Raw Foodhist & Daoist
Stats: 170/160/145 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Years ago I read the yeast connection and a lot of the other yeast books.

A low carb diet and putting back into the body the right cultures (the 3 "friendly" bacteria) is enough to fix most "yeast" problems. It's actually very easy to do; no pills, no weird oils, no meds, just some low carb yogurt you make at home (2 carbs per cup).

The probiotic pills are not as good as eating a 24 hour fermented yogurt because the yogurt contains many, many more probiotics than the pills; comparatively, the pills are an insane waste of time and money. Plus, a lot of the cultures in the probiotic pills are not "friendly" neighbors; they mutate inside of us and will take over.

A good friend of mine went from IBD to UC within a year; he also had yeast in his mouth (Thrush). 4 months on the SCD - he considered himself cured. The SCD diet plan has been around over 50 years in one form or another before the book was written; it is a sound diet with no gimmicks.

I do not have bowel disease,but I went on the diet with him for support and I didn't mind it at all. It did cure my lifelong eczema; before the SCD I thought I had celiac, had food allergies, etc.

The 3 main "friendly" probiotics that keep the system healthy are L. Bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus, and L. Acidophilus. The rest of the probiotics have not been thoroughly tested as of yet. I still use the probiotic pills occasionally (only as medicine for not for long periods of time), but I would never take them long term because the unfriendly bacteria in them will begin to kill off the main 3 (that we desperately need) if taken for too long.

Its not a war of the yeasts with killings and flushing it out; it’s a healthy balance that can be restored simply and purty darn fast too. I know it’s hard to believe, in the face of such a wide array of anti-yeast gimmicks and snake oil treatments. Just my opinion from personal experience; we all do what we believe is best for us! Good luck everyone.