#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-17, 18:00

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Very odd lchf vs hclf study

https://examine.com/nutrition/high-carb-high-satiety/

This is the oddest diet study I have ever read. It was to test whether a LCHF or HCLF diet was more satiating. But there were only 2 days of testing with the 65 overweight people – low carb on one day and high carb on another. They claimed that the low carb diet was 30.1% carbohydrate, less than half of the high carb diet at 63.5% carbohydrate. But looking at the meal lists I can't see how they came up with that. Three of the four meals were ad libitum, with lunch capped at 800 calories.

It looks to me that on the low carb diet people could eat as much cornflakes, white bread, sugar, pizza, garlic bread, coleslaw (which is loaded with sugar), cookies, and chips as they wanted. Before I got used to the lchf diet I would have pigged out on this so-called lchf diet. It takes time to get the body used to eating differently. And besides, I just don't see the lchf day as being low in carbs even if the servings were limited. I would starve on that diet as there is little I can eat.

I'm not used to reading scientific articles like this, so maybe I'm reading it wrong; please set me straight if I am.
Sponsored Links