View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-05-09, 13:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232.8/216.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:45.5%/42.3%/22.5%
Progress: 14%

That's the thing I see now: when I have dieted in the past I have tried to rev myself up and get a positive thing going. Of course, I hated to think about taking the time to prepare food and so acted a bit like a cheerleader for myself. I have cooked nightly for my family for over 20 years, and I make sure my kids always have a good nutritious meal. We don't buy pre-packaged foods, I cook from scratch, and we eat big salads at night, etc etc. But I personally always skipped meals. It started when I was young and slim. I was so concerned about my weight, I was slowing down my metabolism but didn't know it. Now I realize the blood sugar issues in my family are affecting me and always have, and so getting all excited about a diet wasn't going to make the diet work I need the RIGHT diet and I needed to make sure I kept the fire stoked throughout the day. This has been one of the hardest things for me, to eat regularly---but my attitude has changed and as I said, I feel at peace with this and know that if it works, it's because it works---not because I smile and giggle over it It just has to be done, so I am doing it.

So sorry about you losing your grandmother, Sonya. I adored mine too, and her death was a terrible blow to me. In time, it didn't hurt as much, but I still miss her (14 years later). I'm sure your Gram would want you to be as healthy as you can be, huh? And look---you're getting healthier and healthier with each passing day. Good luck to you!!