Old Mon, Feb-12-07, 14:50
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%

Quote:
Originally Posted by picaboo
.........This evening we went to original home kitchen Mexican restaurant and gee how difficult it was to choose something.
Everything is in Spanish and of course they don't have nothing of - no - flour/ corn flour.
So I choose "manudo" a soup made from the inside (think stomach) of the cow...I love it:-)
It came with 3 small warm flour tortilla. So I told myself... do not touch those one!..........

.....I ate all of them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(2h later...and I do not dare to test my BS)

Welcome back Picaboo!
I understand you, but this is a bit of advice: next time ask your server to hold off tortillas and chips, as well as when you fo for mexican food. I always do this in any place: japanese, italian, mexican, etc. I ask them to take away bread basket in italian places, skip rice or noodles in orienatal (if I eat soup I ask for bean sproutes, works very well instead of noodles), etc. This was it is easy to avoid temptations and you save this food from being tossed.
Another way, is to ask for corn tortillas, if you must have it to feel authentic flavor, they have less carbs than flour one. I usually have few chips (they are fried and don't bother my BGs too much), and if I have it with alcohol- no problem whatsoever. I also order black beans only (small portion) and share it with DH, no rice and no tortialls either. Fahitas or steak/fish with salsa verde, anything grilled, there are many choices, just don't eat rice and everything wrapped in tortillas and made with masa like enchiladas.We all humans and it is hard not to sample when it is in front of you, so don't beat yourself over it. I would check my Bgs in purpose after a slip like this, seeing a higher number is by far the best remedy to avoid big cheat next time. I actually always check my Bgs after eating out, this way I know which food affects me the most, and how far I can go with my cheats.
In general, I try to cook and eat at home most of the time, and eat out only on special ocations: vacations, travelling, celebrations, etc. I cook pretty much everything myself, even ethnic foods, and the only food I go out for is sashimi and other japanese delicacy (like monk fish lvier).
You can always find acceptable food in pretty much any cousine, just be carefull and avoid all starches and sweets.
Best regards,
Dina