Thread: Over 50
View Single Post
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 21:51

Plan: general low-carb
Stats: 194/184/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

DeAnna, actually I hardly buy any special low carb foods. We're surrounded with good natural foods that work into the diet so well that it isn't necessary in my opinion to buy 'special'...which just means processed. Those I avoid period.

I bought the sf davinci syrups for several reasons. They can be used in everything from ice cream as flavoring PLUS sweetener with zero carbs to main dishes and drinks. We're trying to break Jims Pepsi addiciton by using club soda...no carbs...flavored with the syrup...no carbs. My drink of choice is plain water. Yes I got carried away, but now the whole family can have a ball trying out the flavors and see which ones they like to buy for themselves. I had the money to do this...they don't. We all benefit.

My docs have asked me to keep my carbs at 60 per day. Any lower and my kidney function goes wonky. After having kidney failure twice...I listen. I am impressed with any of you that can do the diet in the spirit with which Dr A designed it. I cannot do it that way which is why weight loss for me will be excruciatingly slooooooow. But the health benefits of this WOE are mine and will remain mine forever.

Have a good evening all!
Nance