Thread: Over 50
View Single Post
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 11:09

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi Nance - I'll be glad to post this but you'll have to give me some help as I don't know how to get to Penelope's "Mature Goddess" thread.

Even on low-dose HRT, I find that I am more sensitive to the heat and it has been unseasonably hot and sunny in Vancouver. However, we're not complaining as this sunshine is wonderful and a welcome break from the rain we usually experience.

I am doing fairly well sticking to my low-carb WOE. Seldom do I have terrible cravings for sweets like I used to have - I used to be like an alcholic after alcohol - "had" to have it (sugar) but thank goodness, for the most part, the carvings have almost stopped. And if I do have one, I try and make myself wait about 10 minutes. I also use this trick. I know this sounds strange but it works for me and possibly it may work or somebody else.

I miss the "chewing" - I enjoyed chewy candy and loved to chomp on chocolate. When I need something sweet - usually for me it is right after dinner, I keep a bag of pitted prunes on the countertop. When I feel the "need" for something sweet I eat 3 - 4 prunes directly from the bag. I get the chewing satisfaction I want, the sweet taste I am craving and I feel satisfied without doing any damage. I don't know if anybody else wants to try it, but for me, it works!

Chow for now.