View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 21:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

I'd say: you made an emotional decision, and then allowed your rational brain to override it. Now what do you say about it?

Because, really, what I or anyone else says doesn't matter. How you feel about you, both your decision making and your right to be healthy, even in the face of pressure to make/eat carby foods, is what really matters.

I used to make a wonderful pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. This year, I made low carb. I contemplated making both. But I decided that, darn it, the family was getting enough carby junk, and I didn't have the time to make two separate recipes.

My MIL whined, several times, about how much she liked the old pie. Well, so did I. But I can no longer eat it. My DIL learned recently that she's gluten intolerant. My brother, newly DX'ed with T2D, was coming for dessert.

So, if she wants carby pie, she's gonna have to make it, if she's eating at my house.

IOW: if your family wants food that you know is sucky, not just for you, but for them, it's OK, in fact, I'd argue that it's virtuous, to tell them NO.