#13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-17, 21:55

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 172/158/132 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
Good to know. I wonder if there are home tests available for those of us working on our own to correct a possible imbalance. I do know that systemic corrections take much longer than one would think. I started last May when I had an emergency, and it has dragged on. But the changes I've made have cumulatively improved my overall health, and that is my goal. Being old and sick is not on my bucket list.

I am certain that there must be! Unfortunately I'm based in Australia so all my knowledge is local and not of much use to you. I think I remember SCD Lifestyle having some informative blog posts about different stool tests and their merits and deficits, although I think they were much more focused on finding parasites in the gut rather than testing the overall bacteria profile. (Although checking for parasites is important too! My doctor also checked that but I came up clear.) I am sure that if you do some web searches there will be plenty of people with more info available.
The more web searches I do on this stuff (now that I know what I'm looking for) the more and more I am finding people who are going through the same or similar things, and blogging and posting on forums about what has worked for them. Crowd sourcing this knowledge, as it were, since doctors are being so incredibly unhelpful. I'm very, very lucky to have (finally) found a GP who already has his finger on this pulse, but if I hadn't I think I would still eventually have found this path for myself through reading and experimenting on my own.

I definitely understand about not wanting to be old and sick! That's a big part of my goal too. I just turned 40 the other week and even with the chronic fatigue I'm overall healthier than I was at 20. I'm looking forward to continuing to solve my health problems so I can be even healthier at 60!