View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 15:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/252/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%
Cool New TDC member -- Introduction

(I originally posted this in the Introduction section, but since I belong here too, I thought I would repost)

Hi everyone...

I've been on Atkins induction since last Tuesday. Today is day 6 for me. I have lost an unbelievable 11 pounds so far, and feel great!

Over the past 10 years, I have low-fat dieted my up the scale to the tune of 100+ pounds. I have never been a thin person, but I realize now that even though I have always thought of myself as overweight, I was still fit and healthy. I never knew what being FAT and unhealthy felt like. Now I do and I DON'T like it.

I have no idea what "moderation" means when it comes to all of the carb foods I am addicted to. 10 potato chips? 1 cookie? 1 piece of birthday cake? RIGHT! I just couldn't do it. I could justify just about anything. And really, I just chose to NOT think about what I was putting in my body -- 80% of it, I'm sure, was just junk.

I finally made the commitment and couldn't be happier about my choice.

I am using fitday (plus a paper journal) to track what I'm eating, and I have been amazed at how satisfied I am eating 1800-2000 calories a day. Other than a little sugar withdraws on days 2 and 3, I have had no bad effects and not much in the way of cravings.

In fact, yesterday we had a birthday party for my son and I worried about how I would do because birthday cake is my number 1 vice. I just love it. Well when I was cutting the cake, I licked some frosting from the knife (out of habit) and just went "yuck"! It left a really icky film in my mouth that I couldn't wait to get rid of. That was a big breakthrough for me.

Anyway, glad to be here, and I'm thrilled to have found this site. I have learned alot so far by reading everyone's great tips and suggestions. I am being careful not to fall into the substitute food trap and sticking mostly to natural foods.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Jenn
Sponsored Links