View Single Post
  #97   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-15, 12:09

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I started with Atkins, dropped artificial sweeteners and all grains to go Paleo, kept high quality/high fat dairy which made it Primal, and moved to Epi-Paleo for anti-inflammation benefits, which added lots more seafood and swapped out my small portions of vegetables for mostly fermented varieties.

Aaaaand... I make exceptions even now Like dairy is a problem for many, but seemingly not for me; I lost 70 pounds eating cheese on Atkins, and high quality, grass-fed dairy has nutrients that are hard to get yet reasonable in price. I was still struggling with the last 10-15 when a health issue reared up and now I've added another ten pounds... though I sense that might be getting addressed again with the changes I've made the last six months.

My health, and sleep, are improving simultaneously, and I look forward to the day when dropping back down to size ten is my biggest problem

I started fifteen years ago (I'm just as amazed as anyone) and while I've slipped up here and there in terms of climbing the Atkins carb ladder and gained some, going back to what works has always taken care of things. So I'm low carb for life! A far better life that I had before.