Thread: Over 50
View Single Post
  #96   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 12:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/180/150 Female 5'7"
BF:?
Progress: 25%

So nice to find people I can identify with! I'm 56, and have degenerative spine disease for which I take quite a few meds. I had a hysterectomy at age 32 and have had to take premarin ever since. (I'm one of those who really hates to give it up and face hot flashes and dry skin). I also take HBP med and I have Menier's Disease for which I take a diuretic. You wouldn't know by looking at me that I have all these medical problems, I appear to be healthy as a horse.

My kids are always telling me to exercise, but it's so difficult to find something I can do with a bad spine. I'm not permitted to lift anything over 5 pounds. Walking causes leg cramps. I've purchased a Pilates for beginners DVD and it looks like something I can do. It's mostly stretching and low impact exercise.

I've been on Atkins for over 4 weeks now, and I'm in the stall from hell!! I lost 8 pounds the first 2 weeks, and since then, I've gained back three and just cant lose anymore no matter what I do! My husband, who is a few years younger than me has lost 14 pounds in two weeks. Why is it always easier for men??? He cheats on his diet all the time and still loses! It's so depressing.

Anyway, its nice to meet all of you.

Sveinne