View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-13, 13:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238.0/238.0/170 Female 5"3"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Almond Thins ... new thread for an old cracker recipe!

I couldn't find the thread I first got this recipe from, but found it elsewhere. It makes crackers so good my dh, who is skinny as a rail, raved about them. Said they were better than the store bought ones I'd picked up for him.

Couple hints: spread these as thin as you can get them, use parchment paper (can be used over and over) if you can, and let the outside ones get golden brown/transfer to plate/put the rest back in the oven. You don't want to miss the golden brown flavour on any of them!

Almond Thins

1 cup almond flour (ground almond meal)
1 packet of Splenda
1 egg white
pinch of salt, garlic powder, & onion powder (I use no Splenda and a good pinch of Ranchero spice mix)

Preheat oven 325. Mix ingredients well. Place mixture onto parchment paper cut to fit your cookie sheet (or a well greased piece of tin foil). Spray a piece of wax paper with cooking spray (I omit this step, but consider it if your dough is very sticky) and lay over top of mixture. Use a rolling pin to roll out to a cracker thickness. It should fill a regular sheet. Gently remove wax paper. Sprinkle more salt on top if desired and press lightly into dough. Score with knife or pizza cutter into squares. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove outside crackers to plate and return sheet to oven as necessary.

Carb count is about 13 for the whole batch. You can also vary the flavor-use ranch powder, ground bacon bits, season salt...
Sponsored Links