View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 08:12

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Rob - I can't disagree that a strong sense of personal responsibility is necessary in order to determine what constitutes healthy eating and then to put it into practice in one's life. However it is also obvious to me that different people have different abilities when it comes to figuring this stuff out. I try to remain grateful that I am able to do the research and to trust enough in my own authority so that I am not swayed by the official stance on what constitutes healthy eating. Economic factors also make a big difference. It's harder to be poor and eat a healthy diet than it is to have sufficient income to easily afford quality foods of the correct kind. There are so many circumstance that go into why people make the decisions that they make around eating and around health in general. I try to quiet my judgmental mind and generate a mind of compassion for those who stay mired in bad choices and unhealthy living. Sometimes I am successful at this and sometimes I am not. Dr Eric Westman and Dr Tim Noakes are 2 people who seem to get how poverty intersects with eating choice and therefore adjust their recommendations to take economic circumstances into account.