Old Tue, Jun-26-18, 08:00

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyHW
"Non-GMO".

People have been genetically modifying food for eons. None of the fruits and vegetables you have today are "natural", and then don't bear the slightest resemblance to their wild ancestors. GMO Golden Rice is going to cure blindness in tens of thousands of Filipino children. Your body doesn't know or care if the proteins, fats, and carbohydrates came from a GMO, once it's broken down into its constituent parts like amino acids and glucose and fatty acids. I don't care about GMO, I care about all the freakin' sugar you are putting into EVERY, SINGLE, GODDAMN thing.

This is a mistake that one sees often from those who "don't care" about GMO foods. Yes, man (and Nature herself) have been manipulating foods for eons; you are absolutely right about that. Manmade and natural selection have been working on getting vegetables & fruit larger & sweeter; animals have also been bred for different purposes through selective breeding, and natural accident. GMO, however, are modified by inserting the genes of foreign organisms into something completely different. Whether you "don't care" or not, the fact that fish genes (for example) are now part of some veggies is a fact. It is also a fact that such a thing could never happen in nature. Breeding a larger, sweeter tomato is relatively easy; you just choose the largest and the sweetest that you have to become the "parents" of the new seed. Breeding a Cockapoo is easy; you just choose a Cocker Spaniel & a Poodle to be the parents of the puppy. Getting wheat to be resistant to Round Up has to be done in a lab.