Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcb
wcollier wrote:
Though I'm very regular and do ovulate, etc., my estrogen tests low. Yet I can't supplement even with bioidentical hormones or my system goes out of whack.

Did you find that happened as well?

CBCB, I haven't seen a lot of information about medication intolerance and Adrenal Fatigue, except that Dr. Rind's site mentions it. Here's the link: http://www.drrind.com/scorecardmatrix.asp

I've always had weird reactions to medications. About 8 years ago, I got a cortisone injection in my wrist and had a reaction to it. I had some kind of nerve damage and lost the use of my hand which resulted in Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. It took me 2 years for it to heal.

DH (who's an MD) & I had this little game. I'd take a medication and then pinpoint the rarer side effects. It got to the point where I'd cut pills in half, but eventually just stopped taking medications when it finally clued in that medications aren't good for me.

Although Dr. Rind talks about the intolerance and Adrenal Fatigue, I would also have to guess that it has something to do with the liver as well. There are a few syndromes that also include intolerance to medications which are common signs of adrenal fatigue. They are Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS), Chronic Fatigue/Immune Dysfunction Syndrome (CFIDS) & Fibromyalgia.

Interesting what you say about the bioidentical hormones. What happens when you take them?

Wanda