#7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 20:34
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Exclamation

hi Lorena ..... I put your message about the Sleep-a-Weigh here with your Body Solutions question because I'd like to talk about both of them together.
  • IT'S A SCAM!!
Save your money, the only thing to lose weight is your wallet.

Our bodies make our own collagen from eating quality protein like meat. The minerals and amino acids in these solutions are in such teensy amounts that they barely make any difference. The Body Solutions with the chromium in it?? ... the recommended dose is 300 to 600 mg per day ... this stuff only has 150mg.

Glycerine is a carbohydrate, and NOT what you want to be taking on an empty stomach at bedtime.

Aloe vera is a laxative.

Apple cider vinegar MAY be helpful for the digestion, but it has no miraculous fat-burning effect.

I checked some websites for this stuff ... they are all big multi-level marketing schemes ... if you order or buy the product, next thing you know they're pressuring you to start selling it (translation - YOU have to buy it from them at a "discount" price, then you're on your own trying to get your family and neighbours to buy enough of it from you to cover your expenses )

Check out these hundreds of pages I found with a Google search for Calorad scam.

Basically, if you do lose any weight with this stuff, it happens two ways ... first, you're not eating anything for 3 hrs before bed. No snacking, no munchies. Next, the aloe vera (which I notice is in ALL these miracle formulas) will stimulate the bowels to move when you get up in the morning ... voilą, a whole pound has been lost! Magic, and only $55 for a 30-day supply.

That being said, aloe vera juice IS a good and safe laxative for occasional use, and you can buy a big bottle of it from a health food store for under $10.

Doreen