#15   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-11, 21:21

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Your DH shouldn't care what you do or don't eat. You should try to get it through to him that it hurts you emotionally and physically when he tries to derail you. If he can't be your biggest cheerleader, he should at least agree to disagree and drop it.

I think dh just feels bad that I can't/won't eat certain things. He's kind of a moderate person in all things. Me, I'm all or nothing in most things. With lc that's a good thing...but with other things, maybe not so much. So I think he thinks that I just get "too" lc and should try out moderation....and be able to enjoy some things some times. I really don't think he's trying to derail me....he's trying to be helpful. With that said, maybe it would be helpful for me to just sit down with him and lay it all out....that I can't just have one bite because it's like drugs or alcohol to an addict. I think he would understand better.

He really is a good husband that has my best interest in mind....I just don't think he can wrap his mind around me needing to eat this way ALWAYS - EVERY DAY - EVERY BITE. It's taken me SIX years to get it...and he's just sitting on the sidelines - and, yes, many times cheering me on.

I'm SO glad I asked this question and SO glad for the responses. I've gotten some wonderful advice. Thank you all.