#62   ^
Old Sat, Apr-30-16, 08:41

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider44
thanks for sharing the page and the video, I enjoyed very much, especially, the real food vs the processed food

I don't eat much sugar, but not sure how much sugar are there in the processed food which I eat:-(, need to take a close look.

Don't get confused by the grams of "sugar" listed on any processed food label. ALL carbohydrates turn into sugar once in your body.

To know how many TEASPOONS of sugar are in any product....

# of teaspoons of sugar equals (total grams of carbohydrates minus grams of fiber) divided by 5.

When you're looking at the label - don't pay attention to the total sugars. That's misleading. You're looking for the total carbohydrates, which turn into the same sugars in your bloodstream that regular sugar is.

And the real kicker...Normal sugar (100 on your meter) in the blood represents approximately 1 teaspoon, or about 5g of sugar!

An excellent visual and explanation here: https://lowcarbrn.wordpress.com/dia...b-for-diabetes/

Dr Westman uses this information in all his classes, even for the med students. It's a simple math formula, and scary to think what some foods do us when the blood can only handle 1 teaspoon.