View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, May-17-16, 04:20

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I gave a simple calorie explanation on another of your threads, and attached those links so that you can choose the explanation that helps you understand it best. I did not mean to confuse but give you options. Some are "sciencey", some have graphs for the visual learners and some podcasts/videos for the listeners. Take what works for you, leave the rest.

Dr Jason Fung has become popular because he has new ways of explaining obesity and insulin resistance, like the "two compartment" model...if you are carrying 6 months of food in your "basement freezer" ...how do you tap into it for the daily energy you get from the kitchen fridge? (Lower insulin) You do not have to add a "fasting protocol" or start with a 3 day fast, but as Renee said, just follow the plan, and your hunger will lessen. (Eat when hungry, stop when full)

Another Dr Fung example...a small steak and a large Coke have the same calories...which provides the nutrients your body needs for repair? which makes you satiated more and for longer? Or more succinctly, the body doesn't give two sh*ts about calories, there are no "calorie receptors" but there are receptors for all hormones, nutrients and the other components of steak beyond energy. Eat a steak and salad with olive oil for dinner, you may find you are not hungry until noon the next day.

Yes, this is a great forum because we know many versions of a low carb real foods diet can work. And as you see in the "plan" listed in my profile...even three can work together. ..but only after you start with the best one that meets your goal. To lower BG and get off meds...my suggestion is Dr Westman at least for two weeks. Then evaluate by Eating to your meter what and how many vegetables you can add.

Edit: teaser's last paragraph explains why, for your goal, starting with the strictest level of LC is beneficial.