View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Oct-29-11, 00:36

Plan: My own combination
Stats: 89/89/105 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress:

It is so difficult to figure out the intertwining and ever mystifying symptoms that we dislike. Almost as, if not more difficult to find a good doctor. I went through doctor after doctor and seen several that clearly didn't have a passion for their work, that is what we are lacking. Most doctors only possess a passion for their paycheck and not for their patients and their practice.

Though there are many, many wonderful doctors out there, they are just difficult to find. Especially when coupled with complications like locality, insurance and other constraints. I rarely self diagnosed but always had "suspicions." - That being the case, imagine my shock when I went to more doctors than I can count and none of them could find anything.

They look at me and see a young, 24 year old woman, how could she possibly have problems at such a young age? Basically they just don't take me seriously even though my health has been on the decline since I was 22. Needless to say I have just stopped going to doctors and rather than try anything else... I have just decided to read as much about nutrition as possible.

I believe nutrition is the most important role in health and I am taking what I learn and implementing the things that resonate most with me. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Adrenal Fatigue was part of the problem... my attempt is to treat myself as a whole instead of dissecting myself and treating bits of me.

You are all far braver than I though, I have haven't the guts to try herbs so I am doing more the "whole foods" thing, I have an aversion to pills so I hesitate to even "supplement" - basically I upped my intake of what I believe to be some of the healthiest things for people and I removed what I believe to be some of the unhealthiest things for people out of my diet.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention, I do have a handful of symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue. The most outstanding one is my impossibly low blood pressure upon standing. So severe that I was actually tested for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, though I didn't pass out on the Tilt-Table Test so apparently I don't have that, lol. It was funny, during the second half of my Tilt-Table Test where I was actually upright, they couldn't even find a blood pressure. They hooked up two machines and had a nurse checking manually, all three going continuously and unable to find a blood pressure. Finally the one nurse yelled at the other nurse... "Come on, did you find anything yet!?" and the nurse taking my BP replied "Not yet, I'm looking, I'm looking."

After nearly 20 minutes of man nor machine being able to locate my blood pressure, (One machine hooked to left arm, one on right leg and nurse on my right arm) the nurse finally located my Systolic number, at the time I remembered what it was, very low. The other nurse began yelling at her "What do you mean you can only find the Systolic? That is backwards! You should find the Diastolic long before you find the Systolic" ( Or vise versa, she found the low number, not the high one and given that it was a year ago and that I don't know which is the high or low, it may have been Diastolic instead of Systolic.)

I wish you all the best of luck.
Thursdays.