View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 16:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/131.7/132 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 101%
Default Picture/Saga

Thanks Karen for the recipe. I had fun making it. Yikes. It took me about three hours from beginning to end. Maybe the saga below will explain why it took so long. I took a digital picture and put it in my avatar because I don't know how to post a picture to my post any other way.

Saga: Well it took me a few weeks to get the caullebaut chocolate which I finally found at Whole Foods. They didn't have it the first time I tried. I had to buy a new pint of whipping cream because I started so long ago, the "use by" date had expired.

Ok. I'm set. I thought I'll try my Braun Whipper/Blender which I got with points at Savon years ago and never used. I sit down with a cup of Kabuse No.1 Green tea and read the instructions. AArrgh. Very complicated, but I continue. I try to assemble the blender and find that the whipping disk is missing. I call the Braun service center in North Van who gives me an 800 number. I call and a very helpful man will ship the missing part and I should have it next week.

Not to worry. I'll just use my hand held blender which is about 30 years old, and I have to hold the plug in to use it. But it gets the job done.

I discover that the 250 gm package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese is 8 3/4 Oz., so I use it. Wow, is it ever hard to cut the cheese into small cubes without sticking together. I call their 800 number but the nice man can't help me. Can anyone in the forum? Well, I do it somehow.

Everything is working. It takes about two hours for the mixture to get to the consistency of softly whipped cream. It seems light but I use it anyway and it works.

The only small pan I had is a 5 x 9 x 3 inches deep cake pan. It works. I get a nice layer 1/4 inch thick. I can't easly get the chocolate out of the pan, so I cut 1/4 inch strip across the width and then the length with a bread knife.

I used my 1/4 cup ice-cream scoop to transfer the mixture to my muffin tin.

I can't imagine anyone is still reading this far. If someone is, thank-you. I did enjoy the whole process and the result is worth it. One good thing that happened was I had exactly 1 tsp. of vanilla. Lucky me.

Cheers. Ruth