Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 11:38
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
yea JO, one reason is also the cleaning work. I can 'do my home' in a flash. I do not even have one picture on the wall anymore. about 4 years ago when I re-painted the living and dining, I took down all pics and never put one back up. I LOVE IT!
at bare walls!

I have a few pictures on my walls, but very very few!
Quote:
the old saying 'less is more' is SO true in my book. I get it! I get it that 'less is more' ---heck I just did it with trading in the monster big RV for a smaller one and I love the smaller one a ton better LOL
I hear you Karen! Hey but you probably get way better gas mileage too with the new smaller RV, right??
Quote:
Better----yes we are solid. WE HAVE to be. Not one of us here wants the YO YO ANYMORE. we are done with that. the constant ever struggle is when we 'eat a little' off plan and it drags us into a weight gain and then we have to lose it AGAIN.

we are done with that. 100% on plan every single day. no tastes, one bites, or excuses anymore for us few

we know what is needed for us to make it and we just DO IT cause --well, that is what is required--LOL

we ALL played with 'trying to go back up the carb ladder' and failed each time. this time we know where we have to stay.

we faced the truth and saw the light and now we act on it appropriately for our situation.
Yeah that's really a vicious cycle, the yo-yo dieting plan w all the CHEATS!

Once we get it thru our thick skulls that CHEATING doesn't help us get to goal, the more successful we have each become!

But seriously, Karen, some people WILL be able to carefully climb the carb ladder and add more carb-age.

Everyone needs to learn what their "sweet spot" is in terms of how many carbs and kcals will help them maintain their weight loss.

One must be über careful whilst climbing the carb ladder so that cravings, temptations or hungry don't get out of control again. Or they will eventually be face planting into carb-laden dishes ruining what they have worked so HARD to accomplish!

Remember what Dr. A said about our WOE:

Dr. Atkins on "Amount of Carbs for Maintenance"
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 263
Quote:
The best decision is probably to stay pretty much on the very low carbohydrate diet on which you lost; only now you can feel free to deviate in small ways.

We all need to Keep Fighting the GOOD Hard Fight b/c we are WORTH IT!