View Single Post
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-11, 00:12

Plan: metformin/lowcarb
Stats: 280/250/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Glucophage, my wonder pill!

Hi ya'll, I just wanted to share a little of my story. I have been married for 15 years and for the first 4 years we couldn't get pregnant. I have had menstrual cycle problems all my life, been over weight all my life, had low sugar spells all my life, facial hair, discoloration on my neck, under breast, between my thighs. I had all the symptoms of pcos including the cysts except for the acne But I had never heard about it. One day I found a magazine article in a Woman's Day mag. that talked about women having pcos and I took it to my Dr. He did the test and found out I had it. He put me on glucophage and 6 weeks later I was pregnant with my 1st daughter. I stayed on it durning the preg. and she was fine, but went off after. I got preg. again right before her 2nd b-day and had a miscarriage so I went back on gluc. and lost 45lbs within 6months and found out I was preg. once again. That pregnancy went fine. I stayed on gluc. and lost all my weight plus another 55lbs. and ended up preg. again. This time I went off gluc. since my hormone levels were good and the baby did fine but after I had him I have never lost the weight. I go back to the Dr. tomorrow to get back on gluc. because it helped me alot. I have always tried to diet but without success. The gluc. really helped me to get the job done. It increased my energy, it fixed my metabolism, and curbed my appetite. I hope it has the same effect this time around!